Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hibernation is Over!!!

As I live in the "Great North East" it's a fact that our winters can be long, snowy and cold.  I am a winter lover and rarely complain about the snow or cold.  With that being said, the winter of 2013-14 was a bit much!  I was holding on pretty well until March, then I just couldn't deal with the windchill and freezing temperatures anymore.  I was ready to pack up and move south.  This was all due to weather pattern that descended upon us early in the season and is still holding on with both hands [and April is just around the corner]….the "Polar Vortex"!  I really don't know what it means in meteorologic terms, but it my terms it was BONE-CHILLING, FREEZING, BLOWING, SNOWY, COLD, COLD, COLD with no let up.  Cape Cod had another blizzard like snowfall yesterday.  Everyone here on the Eastern Seaboard is complaining about it.  Because of this, many of my friends, including me, have been experiencing a state of inactivity and metabolic depression.  In other words, hibernation!!!  Ya know, spending the winter in a dormant state just like a bear.  The creativity levels have been very, very low, as have been morale…. but I for one and DONE!  I'm done with the complaining, I'm done with the hibernation and I'm moving on!  I want to throw away my winter coats.  Today the sun - that's right, that big yellow ball of fire in the sky - is shinning down on us in Latham, NY and I'm going to enjoy it.  It's not that warm, but I don't care.  What I will do today, I do not know, but I will be happy doing it!  I haven't blogged anything since January…I couldn't believe it was that long ago that I last posted.   But now I'm back - good or bad - I'm back.  The wonderful weather people out there are predicting our temperatures will be in the 40's today and 50's over the weekend.  Of course there will also be rain, but what the hell it's not 10 degrees with "feels like" -2 degrees and windy [that was yesterday]! 

I have some projects that I managed to do during the Polar Vortex and will post next time.  Also so news about a new and beautiful addition to our family.  I will leave you today with this warning:  now anyone who knows me, knows I HATE, HATE, HATE the humidity the summer brings in.  With all the complaining about the Polar Vortex and the cold and using it as an excuse for being lazy this winter, some things will never change with me.  Guess what, I'll still hate the hot, humid days that we're sure to have this summer.  I'll just change my rants to complain how hot the summer is…..

Thanks for stopping by and good wishes to you!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you're back!! And I can't wait to hear about the new addition to your family, as well as anything else you want to share. Like you, I hate the humidity, and I am done whining about the winter. Yesterday's sunny weather certainly helped!

    ReplyDelete